Bloomfield, Conn., Mar 23, 2023—Evernorth Health Services, the pharmacy, care and benefit solutions division of The Cigna Group (NYSE: CI), is expanding its FamilyPath suite of family-building benefits to support members throughout their fertility, pregnancy and postpartum journeys. This expanded suite of services will deliver employers and plan sponsors flexible, equitable and comprehensive benefit options to support their diverse workforces. The enhancements are made possible through new, in-house capabilities across Evernorth Health Services and curated collaborations, including access to Progyny, a preferred provider and leading benefits management company specializing in fertility and family building benefit solutions.
“There is an increasing demand for comprehensive and inclusive family-building benefits that deliver elevated care to all people choosing to grow their families,” said Dr. Deborah Kaufman, DO, OBGYN and executive medical director for eviCore healthcare, the medical benefits management division of Evernorth Health Services. “The FamilyPath suite of family planning benefits gives plan sponsors more choice in how they support family-building and reproductive health, leading to more comprehensive and inclusive benefit coverage, better outcomes and happier employees.”
FamilyPath’s expanded suite of family-building benefits addresses critical gaps in health care for individuals or couples wanting to start or grow their families and includes:
- Access to the largest actively managed network of fertility clinics through Progyny.
- Equitable and comprehensive coverage for fertility treatments, as well as coverage options for third-party reproduction with a gestational carrier, donor and adoption services.
- A seamless member experience that is also integrated with the Freedom Fertility pharmacy through Progyny Rx.
- Pregnancy and postpartum care solutions that provide holistic mental health support, pelvic floor and cardiovascular care for pregnant members.
- Coordination of additional support resources including lactation support, sleep consultants, and nutrition guidance for well-rounded postpartum care.
- Patient navigation assistance and concierge care advocates for family planning support.
- Pregnancy and postpartum risk and adverse event identification modeling tools for plan sponsors.
“Our latest FamilyPath enhancements reflect an important milestone in our progress to provide flexible benefit options and end-to-end coverage in family-building care,” Kaufman added.
To learn more about FamilyPath, visit https://www.familypathbenefits.com/familypath.
About Evernorth Health Services
Evernorth Health Services creates pharmacy, care and benefits solutions to improve health and increase vitality. We relentlessly innovate to make the prediction, prevention and treatment of illness and disease more accessible to millions of people. Evernorth capabilities are powered by our businesses, including Express Scripts, Express Scripts Pharmacy, Accredo, eviCore and MDLIVE, along with holistic Evernorth platforms and solutions that move people and organizations forward. All Evernorth solutions are serviced and provided by or through operating affiliates of Evernorth Health, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Cigna Group (NYSE: CI), or third-party partners. Learn more at evernorth.com.