Expanding Access to Effective Digital Health Solutions
As your partner for affordable, simple, and predictable health care, we’re keeping our eyes on the horizon and creating solutions that bring you peace of mind, enhance your choices, and deliver services you want, need, and cannot get anywhere else.
When it comes to the emerging field of digital health, we recognized early on the potential for these technologies to better engage people in their health, whether they are managing a chronic conditions or seeking better wellness and prevention.
You recognized this potential, too. Listening to your needs, we created the industry’s first Digital Health Formulary - a reliable pathway for digital health that takes the guesswork out of choosing and implementing digital health platforms for your populations, and more importantly, is focused on creating better individual health outcomes.
Today we are announcing the expansion of our ground-breaking Digital Health Formulary to help people achieve their health goals – whether it is planning a family, managing muscle and joint pain, quitting tobacco products, and even coping with the stress of being a caregiver.
- Women’s health: Wildflower Health - provides support for family planning, infertility, pregnancy, and post-partum.
- Tobacco cessation: Quit Genius for Tobacco and Vaping Cessation - provides on-demand cognitive behavioral therapy, combination nicotine replacement therapy, and coaching.
- Muscle and joint pain: Hinge Health, Omada MSK by Physera, and RecoveryOneTM - provide on-demand, at-home physical therapy, and personalized coaching.
- Caregiver care: Prevail HealthTM - helps people maintain emotional well-being and manage the stress of being a caregiver.
- COVID-19 support: Buoy Health - helps employers safely and simply reopen workplace sites amid the pandemic.
These additions complement the more than 15 digital solutions currently available on the Digital Health Formulary platform that help people manage common chronic conditions, like diabetes, asthma, depression, and insomnia. Data from Express Scripts, a subsidiary of Evernorth, shows these solutions, in combination with support from pharmacists with specialized trainings, can help improve healthy behaviors and overall health. For example:
- Asthma and COPD patients using digital pulmonary support tools experienced a 47% increase in days without need for their rescue inhalers in 2019.
- People at risk for diabetes using digital prevention and obesity tools tracked nearly 3.5 billion steps in 2019.
The Digital Health Formulary also is helping to alleviate the administrative burden associated with selecting and implementing a digital health solution, with average plan savings of more than $120,000 per digital solution in alleviated administrative burden alone.
Our Digital Health Formulary is unique because it features solutions that are evaluated by physicians, pharmacists, health research scientists and user-experience experts for clinical effectiveness, usability, scalability, and interoperability. We also offer support from pharmacists with specialized training to further optimize the potential health benefits of the chosen solution.
Evernorth is here to help you, your business, and your employees, make progress—at work and in life. Our Digital Health Formulary is one way we’re bringing our mission to life for you.